Press


header-01

Monday, March 14

In A Nutshell

Scenes from our week in Vegas via my iPhone. Taken with Instagram and Diptic:
The first time I went to Serendipity in New York was pretty much perfect, but the first time I went in Vegas was a hellish story of waiting over an hour for a half melted Froooozen Hot Chocolate. This time I wanted to give it another shot so we waited for a table on the patio over looking the Strip an enjoyed a delicious grilled chicken sammie, sweet potato fries and of course, a big old dessert!
My partner in crime for the whole weekend... my Mama! We kept joking that she was my babysitter for the weekend while the boy was  busy, but we had a ton of fun! Best babysitter ever!
I know it is a total tourist trap, but we found ourselves right outside of the M&M store (I have never been!) and with time to kill so we wandered right through it, ate some M&M's, took some silly pictures, tried a peanut butter Kit-Kat (YUM!) for the first time, and even saw a little 3D movie!
The new Starbucks logo to celebrate the companies 40th Anniversary. This lady was waiting me when I got back from Vegas had to turn our store upside down to get it ready for the little launch party we had on Tuesday!
The first night we were starving, so we went to this place I had read about, called I <3 Burgers and it was delicious! My burger had Gouda, Red Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce and Garlic Aioli... I was in heaven! And there are like 10 different french fries to choose from. My mom and I outside of the Paris, here we stayed. And the machine that kept paying out all the dough! Next time you are going to Vegas I will let you know where it is! Best kept secret!
And then, of course... the whole reason we were there in the first place was for Geoff to work and we went to the NASCAR Sprint Cup race on Sunday. If you don't know what that is, just show these photos to your boyfriend... instant brownie points, I'm tellin ya! Geoff and I at the race, the view from the suite above the start/finish line, Jeff Gordon's #24 car waiting to head to inspection.
My mom and I on pit lane (I look so skinny standing like this! Must remember to do this for every photo from now on...!), Goodyear tires getting ready to be used before the race, Kyle Buschs' #18 Snickers car after inspection, the view standing inside Denny Hamlin's pit box before the race. It sounds silly, but I really actually love going to the races! That boy has finally rubbed off on me, it only took 5 years but now I finally love it. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous of you standing in Denny Hamlin's pit box!!! We take a work trip to Talladega every year & after my first trip, I was hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing weekend. I still haven't been to Vegas yet. I really need to get my booty there!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! The food sounds great. I'm craving a frozen hot chocolate now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a fun trip! I spent the weekend with my mom too! Glad you had fun!

    Romantic Savy
    at Romance In A Glance
    Check my site out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the new logo! I also got to have lunch with my mom!

     PIECE OF CAKE. PEACE OF MIND.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, looks like you have a really great weekend! I LOVE the new Starbucks logo, so amazing!

    xo melissa @champagne wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't like it at first, but it really has grown on me!

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Serendipity, I love how you can put your name in and come back late and they will still seat you. Well the one in New York does that. Sounds like the one in Vegas does not. Looks like you had a great time.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vegas is great! Everyone should go! And go there to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the sweet compliments! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the striped blazer that you had on in those last pics, so cute!! Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to leave a comment! I love and read every single one! XO! -Hayley