Press


header-01

Tuesday, February 12

Peek in my Kitchen


Its been awhile since I have shown you guys the progress in our house! You may have seen it before, but if not you can head here to see what the original kitchen looked like. Sine then, we have added a little style and function to make it work for us everyday.

Love a galley style kitchen. Everything was thoughtfully placed so that cooking and cleaning would flow throughout the space.

As an Ex-Barista my Keurig is the number one used appliance in our kitchen. We set it to go off in the morning so when I wake up it is all ready for me to press a button and my day starts seamlessly. We also love to use our Electric Kettle from Breville for making tea and even boiling water in a hurry! Of course, extra large coffee mugs from Target incase its a 2 cup morning!

In another corner we hung some floating shelves from Ikea to keep out counters free of clutter. Cookbooks on the top and dog treats in glass jars on the bottom. I am planning on putting a really cascading plant in that jar up there.

This cookie jar from West Elm is a new addition and currently stocked full of Girl Scout goodness. 

Our entire kitchen including major appliances is from Ikea. This oven was a floor model and saved us nearly $1000! We cook at home a lot so it gets a ton of use. One thing I would say every kitchen should have is a butcher block! We do nearly ALL of our prep work right there and use it for every single meal!

The tile is a grey glass subway tile and the counter tops are Caesarstone. To this day I am still so happy with all of our choices! 

I love these Orla Kiely jars and use them for hiding things I don't really want to display. Our utensils are right there, easy to grab and inside the other jars are filled with assorted sugars and little condiments. 

I love to have a mix of trinkets around the house. The ladle is a little touristy thing from Solvang but just makes me happy when I see it! The EAT letters are vintage movie sign letters we picked up from the Rose Bowl Flea Market.

I love our mix of glass and wooden cabinets. I think if it was all wood it would have looked boring. Most of our plates and dishes and glassware are in the cabinets you can peek in and the other cabinets hide the spices and coffee mugs that are not the prettiest to look at.

We use out toaster oven daily. This one can even cook a pizza! We ended up getting this sleek, silver model to replace our ancient black ugly one for Christmas.  And we hung a chalkboard in an old broken frame to write notes to each other or keep shopping lists!

Just opposite the sink is where we extended the counter to create a bar. This is one of my favorite spaces. We eat lunch there almost everyday we are home, and I love to have people sitting near by while I am cooking! These chairs are from Amazon and work perfectly for the space!

19 comments:

  1. love your kitchen! it's so modern and clean -- you have great taste! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so modern and clean! I love that in kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is so what I wanted for the area too!

      Delete
  3. What an adorably modern space. I feel like it fits you to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Your kitchen looks so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That West Elm owl is super sweet! I have owl mugs from West Elm that my boyfriend got me for Christmas. They might not be as high as your target ones, but they too can serve me the amount of two cups ^^ Love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Im in desperate need of a kitchen redo. I've hated our kitchen since I moved in, 3years ago! Love the shelves and the hand towels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The towels are West Elm and the shelves are from Ikea!!

      Delete
  7. the subway tiles are awesome! looks so good and ikea keeps it real. oh, and the wire chairs--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love! What a clean, well organized and neatly decorated kitchen! Two thumbs up, you totally satisfied my decorator tooth today! I love the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love it! You did a fabulous job and I LOVE all of the space! I wish I had that much, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It looked like a ton of space at first but we filled it up QUICK!

      Delete
  10. This kitchen is stunning!!! I drool over the prettiness and simplicity of Ikea kitchens! I love how tidy and simple your kitchen is and the colors are so easy on the eye. I don't think you will even get tired of this kitchen. Heck, if I had a kitchen like this, I'd live in it allll day!!! =)
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! It was pretty awful before and now it is exactly how I envisioned it! I am so crazy though, I want it to be clean, clean, clean a lllll the time!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! I'm so impressed by how clean your kitchen is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to leave a comment! I love and read every single one! XO! -Hayley