Press


header-01

Thursday, July 11

Thanks, America

4th of July is one of those holidays that is perfect for me from start to finish. You see, when we first bought out house the then neighbors tried to tell us about the neighborhood. "Everyone is so nice, its so fun here." "Everyone hangs out together." "They have a block party on 4th of July!"

Well last year we got to experience it for the first time, the schedule of events, the hanging out, the odd traditions, all bright eyed and out of place but this year we knew the drill, and had the best day ever. I feel like I have the "birthday blues" this week, like I want 4th of July back but I have to wait a whole 'nother year... bummer! But for now, here is our day in photos... I had so much fun I only managed to make it into one!

The boys all decked out in front of our house. 

You see, everyone hangs out together but has their own, individual party in their yard. So, the grills come out to the front! Here's ours... last year we didnt even have one!

Happy Birthday, America!

So first off, all the kids meet at one neighbors house to decorate their bikes and scooters then they have a parade! SO CUTE! 

Then later on in the day is the Chili Cookoff. This is our entry. Like our vintage crockpot? This is the second year Geoff entered, and again, we didnt win a single thing! We will try again next year!

Then down the block is the beer chug. This has, by far, the biggest draw of all the events. There is a mens, women's and kids (root beer!) division! It gets intense! I posted a video of it on my Instagram, they even had to have a chug-off to decide the winner!

Geoff was pretty proud of his brisket and man was it good! We have been eating brisket tacos, sandwiches and salads all week! 

Then, once it gets dark the neighbors pull out their ladders and shoot off fireworks. I guess it makes them higher? I have never seen this before but its like a tradition on our street! 

Hope you all had a great 4th!! 
I cant wait for next year!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great 4th!! That brisket looks delicious, I would love to eat the leftovers!!

    Sarah
    the kissing booth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic 4th! Looks like so much fun and so much good food :)

    jamiepilgrim.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to leave a comment! I love and read every single one! XO! -Hayley