Press


header-01

Wednesday, April 20

The Big Apple

Since we are on vacation, I am sharing some of our favorite photos from past vacations. Today is also a new post. We spent 8 days in NYC in 2008 and then when my computer crashed I lost all of the photos except these few that were uploaded to Facebook. I treasure these. Enjoy!

Since Geoff was still at school in England, and I was back in California and sometimes I missed the guy I asked him what it would take to meet up in New York. Going to New York City was like a dream come true. I have almost idolized the city that I had seen on movies and on tv and in photos and I just couldn't wait to be in these scenes and places I had seen time and time again. I planned out our trip perfectly, including where we would eat in which neighborhoods we were in. We had a fantastic time in the city. We stayed at a family friends apartment in the Village so we felt more like we were living in the city and immersing ourselves as opposed to being in a hotel. It was perfect!
Welcome to NYC! (So Cheesy!)
Columbus Circle. Like my hat? I wore this thing everywhere, I think it made me feel like I fit in! Geoff on the other hand, couldn't believe that thing was gracing my head. This was before my interest in baseball so I didn't realize what I was doing.
Staten Island Ferry. Also, a great hair day.
So I knew they were filming the first Sex in the City movie when we were there and I came across it by the Library one day! To say I was excited would be an understatement. This is the scene when she is running away and hitting him with the flowers. SO AWESOME!
Geoff in the Subway. Hubba Hubba. Hands down one of my favorite photos of him.
In line at Magnolia Bakery. I will be honest and tell you we went here 4 times in 8 days. Cupcakes!!
Us.  
Mr.Big!
Saturday morning stroll through the park! We were so lucky to have such great weather in October.
Serendipity 3! This thing was so good. The one in Las Vegas really doesn't compare to the real thing.
Obligatory Times Square shot!
Oh hey Miranda and Charlotte. Nice sweatshirts and ballgowns!
Geoff making his best Chewbacca impression at FAO Schwartz.
Inside the Museum of Modern Art.
Sitting on a bench in the city. We are cute!
Apartment where we got to hang out at in the evenings. It was the best way to visit the city!
Geoff at MOMA.
Okay, cheesy and cold and really not worth the money but it was a classic New York thing I just had to do!
It was so windy on the top of the Empire State Building. I was looking for Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks the whole time!
Cafe Lalo.
Carrie, don't yell at Mr. Big!
Hot dog in the park!
Oh yea, something else I convinced him to do! The boats in the Park! I just HAD to go on one!!

7 comments:

  1. Technically, yes. They were filming SATC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is awesome that you got to see them film it!! Very cool :-)

    I'm back to NYC at the end of May and I really want to get a boat in Central Park. 4th time to visit, I think it's a must haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just peed myself when I read that you saw them filming that scene. I think I will go home and watch that movie tonight, and then I'll watch every episode over again. Because I own them all. I feel that much closer to meeting SJP just knowing you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I am super jealous!! Wow!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous that you saw the SATC filming!! :) I love NYC, especially all the touristy stuff like Serendipity...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see it. I stayed on that street corner for like 3 hours watching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to leave a comment! I love and read every single one! XO! -Hayley