Press


header-01

Monday, August 8

Indian Summer

Dress- American Apparel
Sweater- Nordstrom
Sandals- Dolce Vita
Necklace- Urban Outfitters
Belt- Forever 21

     This is one of those outfits that looked pretty great in the mirror and then terrible in photos. When we do these outfit photos we take anywhere from 40-100 snaps and then I narrow it down to the ones I like. From there, I pick about 6-7 that are my favorite, that show different angles or are just all around better quality. When editing this set of photos, I nearly threw the whole set away. Whoops! And then I cleaned out that little trash can without a thought and I was left with 5. Five photos to choose from! So what you see is what you get. Bad angles, weird lighting and humidity hair. 

     Freak thunderstorms happened earlier this day and it was so humid, my hair just took on a life of its own! This is also the first time I have worn this American Apparel dress, which I have decided their clothes are just not made for curvy people. I had no where to put this belt without getting a weird pulling effect. But on the positive this necklace was a steal from Urban. I found it for only .99 cents! Always, always sift through those discount bins... you never know what is hiding at the bottom!

14 comments:

  1. I really like how you put the outfit together. Looks good :) by the way i lol'd at the part you said "my hair just took on a life of its own! " hehe. Your hair looks great, doesn't look bad at all.

    Jelenadoll <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the title of this post, and the pictures are quite cute don't worry!:p

    http://hiimsaratee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hayley! Our dog is an American Eskimo, poodle cross ...they are called eskipoo's and he's such a doll!! AND I love your boho, summer inspired look here, you look beautiful. Ugh, it's never easy picking out pictures is it?! Have a fab day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look great in these photos! And that duvet cover IS the chevron one from Urban! I'm so grateful that you showed it to me. So I totally dig it, but I will say that the material feels cheap. It doesn't bother me, but it's definitely not soft. It's more of a linen feel. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eskipoo! OMG! I am doing a google image search right now! I have never heard of such cute things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah a 99c belt?! That's awesome.
    And I totally know what you mean about how outfits don't always turn out on camera..but I think this is totally cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know exactly how you feel! if it makes you feel any better, i think you (and the dress)look fabulous! we are our own worst critics! and that necklace...$.99? amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute look!! i think you look great and the photos are lovely. just found your blog and look forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love this outfit! your blog has got to be one of the cutest things i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that necklace is so so cute!
    xx
    http://davinadonkor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not even kidding, when I saw this post I thought, "Love the necklace, love the belt, WOW love this outfit!" But I know what you mean, sometimes you put on an outfit and LOVE it but hate almost every picture that you take. These are the days that my husband gets mad at me cause I keep asking him to retake the pictures as if it is HIS fault that I look weird. But, if it makes you feel any better, I love this outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh effing pshaw! You look gorgeous. I love that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am officially obsessed with that necklace!
    Super cute!

    ciao
    elle
    itsallvabene.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time out to leave a comment! I love and read every single one! XO! -Hayley