One of the things we hated in the new house was the kitchen. We knew that was where most of our time, money, and effort was going to be spent. The room was crowded, boxy and outdated. So we took it down to the walls (well behind them in some parts, too), knocked down a few more and opened it up.
View from dining room into the kitchen. Found unpainted walls, covered over vents and extra gas lines... No good!
Took out not 1, but 2 layers of tile on the floor! Also started to smash up a hall closet to gain more space inside of the kitchen area to make it a galley style kitchen.
Found some holes in the sub-floor, and a nice little leak behind what used to be the dishwasher. We managed to sell the remaining appliances for next to nothing on Craigslist!
Nice view of our crazy mess!
Another view from the hallway. We also planned to widen the opening to the kitchen since it was so narrow!
The closet, halfway gone!
This was a fairly big project that went wrong at this point. We had to part ways with our first contractor and the house sat in this state for nearly 2 weeks. But thankfully, a new neighbor was also a contractor and came on board and since then it has been smooth sailing! Can't wait to show you the rest next week!